When selling your machine, it is important to photograph it correctly. The below is a guide to use when advertising equipment for sale. It isn’t always possible to get these camera settings and photo positions, but it can be a useful guide to help you connect with a buyer.
- Hold camera or phone in horizontal position for all the photos
- Use a 4:3 image aspect ratio for size
- Take a photo of each of the 4 corners of the machine with a focus on the side of the machine, be sure the whole machine is in the photo
Tires and tracks
- Tires – take one photo of each tire
- Tracks – take 4 photos of each track, include a clear photo of the drive sprockets and the idlers
- Photo of the blade or buckets, front and back, and the linkage
- 2 shots of the interior
- 2-3 photos of the engine
- Show any oil leaks or problem spots
- Hour meter
- Serial number plate
- EPA sticker – usually on the valve cover but sometimes on the engine somewhere, by the serial number plate, or on engine door panel
- 1-2 10 second videos of the machine running, moving back and forth and operating the hydraulics.
Information For Selling
- Year, Make, Model
- Attachments or options
- Is it GPS ready (mainly Dozers/Graders)?
- Recent track measurements
- Work order history
- Oil sample analysis
Conquest Equipment can help you sell your heavy equipment! Click here to find out more about our the Conquest Connect Program.