Important Considerations When Buying Used Construction Equipment
1) Research the best make and model for your requirements. Without doing the right homework, you could end up with a model that is more than you need or vice versa. Solid research will help you make the best decision for your requirements.
2) Once you have decided on a brand and model that is right for your needs, determine the value of the machine. Accurate market value can not necessarily be determined online. In the construction equipment industry, there is no Kelley Bluebook that can be used as a quick reference for individual buyers and sellers. A lot of equipment dealers that have access to databases such as Equipment Watch, that can accurately provide information on current industry pricing and trends.
3) Once you have determined the fair market value, you can start the rest of your research. Broadening your search to a North America wide level will give you access to a huge range of dealers, wholesalers, and rental companies. This will ensure you have access to all possible equipment options and help you find the best deal available. At Conquest Equipment, we have extensive experience with cross-border logistics and transactions. We can help you ship equipment easily with no broker or border hassles.
4) Once you have made your decision on what to buy, you should do due diligence to find as much information as possible on the unit in question. Talk to the owner and possibly the previous owner to find out the service history and any other relevant information. A certified dealer can verify any equipment information.
5) You may want to consider a third-party evaluation. The cost of an inspection is a small price to pay when compared to the cost of later not passing inspection. At Conquest Equipment, we stand behind our inspections and effectively insulate our customers from risk.
6) Verifying the machine through the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) will minimize any legal risk. They will have a record of any previous insurance claims.
7) Once all these details have been looked after, you can schedule delivery. This can be a taxing exercise, having inaccurate dimensions can result in unexpected fees and the like. Conquest Equipment has extensive experience in shipping in both Canada and the US - we look after all the details to make this a hassle-free, seamless experience.
8) Inspect the machine carefully upon receipt to make sure it was represented accurately in the inspection.
Buying large equipment takes a good deal of patience, time and effort. It is easy to make costly mistakes by overlooking any one of the key components of the buying process. Conquest Equipment buyers are repeat buyers because they can buy with the confidence that we have them covered.
Call us today to start the process of finding the best fit for your needs.